Saturday 1 December 2012

First of December

Pinch, punch, first of the month!

Howdy fellow bloggers,

I am astounded by how quickly it has become December already. It was only yesterday when October was round the corner and I was back on my way to University for my third year. And now, my first semester is almost over. It's crazy! The bitterly, ice cold wind serves to remind me that winter has definitely made an appearance.

To celebrate the fact it is now officially December  I opened the very first door of my advent calendar to the picture of Santa, and I knew that the countdown to Christmas has begun. I don't care what anyone says about the age limit for an advent calendar, I am still young enough to warrant being involved with the countdown and gorging on a yummy chocolate piece every morning. It just gives me a bigger excuse, now! Although December is officially the month of decorating for Christmas, I took it upon myself to start the festivities early.

In fact, I had started my decorating (my mini Christmas tree that sits on my desk) on the 20th November purely because I could. The thing is, if I left my decorating til 1st December, like the normal people do, I would only get 2 weeks of Christmas'ness in my Uni room and I didn't like that fact. This made me realise that if I put it up early, I'll get almost a month of it making me happy and so I thought, sod it- we're going all Christmassy and we're putting this badboy up. In true style being a Welsh girl, my Mum had bought my a sheep tree decoration and he is now proudly nestled in the middle of my tree.

This was my home-made creation- isn't he the cutest!
Yesterday, 30th November, Charlotte and I took a trip into town to get some decorations for our house, and when we got home, we decorated the living room with tinsel, lights, our home-made Snowman and Rudolph as well as a wreath saying Merry Christmas. Some would call us losers and eager, but you can't deny that the sight of Christmas decorations just makes your whole outlook of the day much brighter.

Hope you're all getting into the Christmas spirit and enjoying the weather that allows you to stay inside warm and snuggly. I'm going to Cardiff Winter Wonderland and having a house Christmas dinner next weekend, so make sure you don't miss my blog on both! LOVESSSS!

Without further ado, I present to you our homemade, hand-stitched Christmas mascots- Jim, Mr. Snowman and Wilfred...


No comments:

Post a Comment