Saturday 4 January 2014

Girly Girl

For years and years, I convinced myself that I wasn't a real girlie girl and although I wasn't a Tomboy, I wasn't the kind of girl that lived in skirts and dresses. I had convinced myself that I didn't have the right body shape nor did I have the prettiest face to wear a pretty dress. I don't know whether that is true or whether I'm just insecure but I managed to tell myself that I wasn't the type of girl that wore dresses.
However, most recently, I have been wearing more and more dresses and skirts feeling a lot more comfortable in them. I still don't think I'm one of these pretty girls that wears dresses and everyone looks at them in awe by how lovely they look but I do like wearing dresses now. I think this is partly because smart trousers make me look a little clumpy and given the fact I can't wear jeans at school, I wanted to find a different style that looks professional- cue dresses. I like teaching in dresses!

I also think that when I cut my hair, I wanted a change and to leave behind the girl that I was and some of the insecurities I had. Of course, they haven't gone but I have got better. I appreciate that I'm not the prettiest girl but that's okay because for the majority of the time, I don't actually hate my face. It's alright, I could do a lot worse.

Here are the outfits that I wore today and yesterday to show how my style of clothing has changed from:
This was around the middle of uni. It has reminded me that I want black jeans again because I really liked these but they faded... Ah, my long hair!
To:
This was what I wore yesterday.
And this is what I am wearing now! Ignore the semi messy background!
I don't know if I actually do suit dresses but I like wearing them and it instantly makes me feel more feminine. Because of my heigh (I have a height complex) I've always felt a little more manly and didn't think I looked feminine at all. For the first time in my life, I think I'm not that insecure about the way my body looks. Weird.

Now, off to Jimmy Spices for my sister's birthday. Yummy! I'll be adding on loads more pounds than I already have from Christmas. 

AU REVOIR! 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment