Sunday 26 January 2014

Winter Weather

This time last year, we were covered in a lovely white blanket of snow with freezing temperatures. But this year, it seems that God has had enough of snow and has wanted a rather milder, wetter winter. Outside, it's not that cold because it is plus temperatures and even then it is around 10/11 degrees celsius meaning for this time of year, it's exceptionally mild albeit still feeling a little bitter in the mornings.
I like rain. It may sound weird but I really do. I'm not keen walking in it most days especially if I'm walking around to get somewhere but I do love watching it when I'm inside. Even if it is when I'm at uni. There's something very satisfying about watching the rain run down the window and not getting wet. 
Although, yesterday, the weather went a little crazy. As a family, we went out for a late lunch/early dinner at the Harvester and whilst Mum had gone to collect my sister, she came across a load of traffic because a tree had been blown down. The trains were cancelled and the lightning lit up the sky. It was insane to hear the stories from people. But a little exciting too. For most people, torrential rain is devastating due to flooding because of the recent experiences across the country but I love watching it and on those days when you're not feeling your happiest, it's great to stand out in it. 

I wanted to show you a couple of pictures that I saw today from people across the country. They really are some spectacular sights!
London
Birmingham
Waterlooville
(These pictures are not my own and credit goes to the actual photographers.)

And apparently, the wet and windy weather is set to continue during the week. How exciting. Don't get too wet people. And stay safe wherever you are!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment