Tuesday 14 January 2014

What To Do When You're Out of Blog Ideas

I'm not going to lie. This happens to me alot. The longer that I've written a blog every day for, the less I have to talk about. In fact, the more boring these blogs have become especially since I reached my optimum year blogging. It seems that I have reached my goal and therefore, I have felt a little less excited about my blog. Although, when I get a really good idea, there's nothing that can stop me from writing it. The trouble I find is that I find myself getting more and more busy or more and more tired that the last thing on my mind is to sit in front of a laptop and write my blog. It only really takes 10 minutes but it's the whole thought process that makes me spend ages writing.

Many of times I have stared at a blank blog post and wondered what I could write about knowing that I could easily give up on the whole blogging every day idea. It's a very appealing thought to not have to write a blog every day but I know that if I didn't, I'd feel lost as well as feeling a deep sense of disappointment in myself. I've done it for so long and I really do enjoy writing. I used to write stories but now I feel like that part of me has gone, and this snappier, shorter blog writer has been put in her place.

SO, if you're like me and you've run out of ideas for blogs, here are some quick tips to help you think of something:

I always do a cheeky Google search.
I'm not opposed to looking to others to tell me what might be a good blog post idea. I skip over most of them because I just don't have enough smart brain cells to tell you how to work something amazing. Instead, I just tell you things about my boring life and give you tips that you probably know already. 

Think about what you've done recently.
Most of the time, you've done something pretty cool but just glazed over it because you don't think it's exciting enough. For example, my beautiful friend Hollie is doing super well with her healthy eating and losing those extra pounds that she isn't happy with. And for her, I think this is amazing. It's something that I could never stick to and I think she's really strong for being able to commit to something like that. I'm super proud of her and it's those little things that make excellent blogs. When I'm reading blogs, I want to get a sense of what people are like behind their words and personal experiences are perfect for this!

Go away from your laptop.
The worst thing ever is to try and force yourself to think of something. The majority of times, your thoughts will be crappy and your blog will be below par. WHICH is mostly what mine is like! Just go and do something unrelated to your blog and I'm sure you'll have a thought when you come back to it with a fresh mind!

Ask a friend.
Hollie is so good at telling me blog ideas on what I should write. I love them and always steal her ideas in order to write my blog so the exciting ideas, you can thank her!

See what other people are doing.
If you're stuck, have a little browse of other people's blogs and cheekily borrow their idea if you like it. The beauty of the Internet is that you can share and borrow things- it's the exact platform for sharing and igniting your creativity. If you don't want to copy something exactly, find something you would like to do for your blog and change it a little to suit your needs and your niche.

Just share your day.
It might be a boring blog for a day but not every blog is going to be exciting. 99.9% of my blogs are rubbish, let's be honest but people come back to your blog to see what you're up to. There's nothing wrong with a little low key blog from time to time!

Write a "what to do when you're out of blog ideas" blog.
;)

I hope you've enjoyed this blog and see the irony in my last point. Oh, how hilarious I am, I know!
I'm currently so tired and it's only Tuesday. I don't get how I can get enough sleep in terms of 8 hours but still feel like I've not slept a wink. Annoyinggggg.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment