Friday 24 January 2014

SleepBot Review

I don't know about you, but I always find that when I wake up with an alarm, I feel so groggy and tired still than when I wake up naturally. I recently had a little moan about this to my friends but I have to get up between 5:30 and 6AM every weekday, which is too early for me! One of my friends suggested that I download the app SleepBot which tracks you in your sleep and wakes you up at the moment you're at your lightest sleep during that time period to emulate the most natural wake up that you can have with an alarm. I had so many questions about how it would work but I'll hopefully fill you in on some of the things about the app.
Firstly, you need to put your phone next to your pillow on your bed so that it can track the movement of you in your bed. This means that every toss and turn you make, it will feel it, record and track it the entire night. The key thing that needs to happen for the app to work is that you need to press that you are going to sleep for the tracking to start. Furthermore, you also need to be able to set your alarm at the LATEST that you can wake up and click the smart alarm button on the main app page. This means that it will track your movement half an hour before the latest time you can wake up and it will then wake you up during that time when you are at your lightest sleep.
When you wake up to the alarm, hopefully not feeling too groggy, you need to click waking up so that it stops recording. This data will then be compiled into a graph that you can look at to see how much you moved at which times during the night. I think it's fascinating to see how still you slept or on the flip side, how much of a wriggler you were. The more you wriggle, I would suggest, is the time that you're at your lightest sleep- most awake. So if the majority of your sleep is still, I'd say you had a pretty good nights sleep.

As it tracks your sleep, it calculates how long you have slept. It then has a "debt" counter to see whether you are getting enough sleep every night. Over 8 hours, and the number will be a minus number to say that you've had enough sleep and do not need to make up for anything. But if you have had under 8 hours, the number will be a positive and this suggests that you need to sleep longer to make up for the time you did not get.
The other feature that I absolutely love about this app is that it will record the sound during the time you are logged in for sleeping. This means that if you have always wanted to hear what you do in the night, i.e. snore or sleep talk, it's perfect. Once again, you need to log in that you are going to sleep for it to start recording and you also need to click on the tick where it says record sound so it knows you want the sound to be recorded. I suggest if you are going to record your sound, plug your phone in otherwise it will lose a lot of battery, which is not ideal.
I absolutely love this app and use it even without the alarm simply just to track my sleep. I think it's intriguing as well as extremely useful. I have been feeling better waking up more naturally and I think if you need that little bit of help. Give it a go! I love it.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment