Tuesday 7 January 2014

Old Faces

So, as some of you may know, I am spending the week at my old High School observing year 7 classes. And boy, is it weird?

Now, I thought I had changed in appearance to not be recognised just by face but it appears that I haven't. And I know, I'm not going to have changed drastically and I only left 3 and a half years ago but I did NOT expect as many teachers to recognise me as there has been.

And not even recognising me after I've said my name, they've looked at me and instantly known that I used to go to the school AND remembered my name... It's strange. The amount of children that have come and gone since then must have been loads.

I am enjoying it but definitely know that I made the right choice with choosing primary. I could deal with year 7, 8 and 9 at a push but any older and I'd crumble. And I'm not ashamed to say I would: I'm definitely a little child's teacher and I'm proud of that because a lot of teachers have said they couldn't do primary. It's just preference not ability.

I'm going to be so glad that when I can leave High School again!! I'm not a fan.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment