Monday 6 January 2014

Motivational Monday #35

Today, I go back to High School...

*insert dramatic music in here*

Now, for most people, this wouldn't be scary but for me, this is petrifying. It's not only a High School, but it's my old High School where I spent 7 years growing and ultimately gaining myself in a way that I ended up hating. I was a shy, nerdy kid that didn't have very many friends until around year 10. It was a place where I had many good memories but probably more negative memories and now I have to go back as a visitor to observe teaching. It's scary. But this opportunity is always a really good one for me because I think I can go back and put myself at ease that I'm not the same person any more. I am shy, yes, and I am still nerdy but I've grown so much since I was a student there and I need to remember that.
My motivational message today has to do with taking opportunities that scare you to death. The only way to succeed and to live your life is to push your boundaries. Push what you are comfortable with and do things that are scary. I think when I first started this PGCE, the thought of teaching scared the living day lights out of me but I slowly but surely got better and that's when we start to achieve. If it scares you, it means something and it means that you are doing exactly what you are meant to be doing. Nobody lives for an easy life where there are no fears or worries. You live to push your comfort zone and find amazing things.
I think by the end of the week, I won't be scared to go into the High School and be around the big kids but for now, I am really scared but I'm going to embrace my fear. I'm not going to let my fear stop me from doing things that I need to do. Plus, I'm only here for a week so there is an end!
Just remember that not everything is going to make us feel secure, not everything is going to be plain sailing with no fear. There are things that scare us to death and things that will petrify us, but at the end of the day, if you don't take the risks, you won't reap the benefits. 

Take the leap and learn how to fly.

I'll let you know if I survive. I love you all.
I'll see you on the flipside of the day!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment