Saturday 25 January 2014

Masterpiece

Most of the time at uni, I have a lot of work based lectures which last 3 hours each lecture. It's a lot to take in because you are simply being talked at for 3 hours and expected to keep your attention and make notes throughout the entire thing. I'll have you know, when you're tired, this is almost impossible. So, when I have lectures that are more hands on like Design and Technology and Art, it makes uni go a lot faster and is a lot more exciting. 
Yes, that blob in the centre is meant to be a bee.
Also, I needed a glove because my thumb has a pretty nasty burn on it :(
The last thing I wanted was to get clay in it. Ouch!
Yesterday, I had art and we were doing clay making. At first, we had to make a pot of some sort. So, I started making a thumb pot but then I got bored of it, mainly because it was so simple and it meant I had to put a design on the outside. If you know me, you know I'm not that creative in what I can do and so I decided to change the brief a little and created this little flower. I told the lecturer that it is in fact a pot of some sort and she seemed to like it, so that was a bonus.
But my favourite part of the lesson was the main part where we need to create a scene from a popular children's book. Most of the other groups were doing Hogwarts and that seemed fun but Anneke and I wanted to do something a little different. Can you tell what it is?

I think it turned out super cute and it was so much fun to make albeit at times, it was a little stressful! I loved it. It was the perfect way to end a long and tiresome week. I bet you wish you were clay making on your Friday afternoon!

Today, the family and I are going out for a late lunch/early dinner at the Harvester and I can't wait. I absolutely love it. Their salad cart is to die for. I started some of my essay yesterday but it was seriously boring as sin and so the 700 words I wrote makes up for the day off I am giving myself today. It works out.

What are you planning to do today? Let me know in the comments below. I would rather like to know how boring my days are compared to your exciting lives.

Love you all, have a super fantastic, spectacular day even if you're just staying in and chilling.

Until tomorrow, my beauties
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment