Wednesday 28 August 2013

Bakery Story Review

Whilst everyone else is playing Candy Crush and being completely addicted to the app on their phone, I have found my own little, slightly sad, addiction that takes up all my time... Queue the sad, pathetic looks at me as I announce that I am in love with the game Bakery Story. It's one of those games that you just can't stop playing because it is so fast moving and once you start climbing those ladders, you just can't stop. You get on that first rung of the ladder and the only way is up, until you realise that you no longer have a real life because you're too involved with creating your virtual bakery... I love it!
I don't like games that I can't play and when I get to levels that are too hard that I can't beat, I give up on them. The beauty about the game I am currently addicted to is that there is always an opportunity to better yourself and I really like that. One of my traits is that I am a really bad sore loser, I don't' like to lose and I don't like to fail- I'm a pleasure to know like that. The career type game means that I can never lose, but I can only give up when I realise that I'm wasting my time.
This looks a little like the bakery that I have set up- so little and unimpressive!
So, as you've probably guessed, the whole premise of the game is that you set up your own bakery and make all the lovely, yummy treats so that people can come in, eat them and give you money. People in the community can also leave you tips and you can add neighbours. You get given a number of different goals from adding furniture to your little bakery to cooking specific dishes. I have been playing this game for about a week and I've only just found out how to add neighbours because I'm a bit of a loner and like to stick to my own little bakery world. Unfortunately, the trick of the game is that you need to buy things that are not available through the regular coins. The money grabbers hope that you buy some special gems that cost actual money to buy these things. But I'm a cheapskate and I refuse to spend any REAL money on a game so I stick to all the normal items.
This is an example of a really dedicated Bakery Story player... I am not this obsessed with it FYI.
I've gone through so many of these different games such as creating your own little town to your own zoo and now to your own bakery. I don't know quite what it is that draws me in but it does and I can't help but keep playing every time I download something like this. If you like these sorts of career mode games that you can easily play, give Bakery Story a go because the goals are fairly easy and I'll tell you that you'll get fairly attached to this little game quite quickly.
I don't know how many of you have potentially lost some respect for me, but I really don't mind because I like it and if you can't be yourself, then what is right with this world? Nothing I tell you.

Don't be afraid to be who you are and to tell people what sorts of games/music/films you like- you're an individual and if the person doesn't like it, screw them. Little bit of motivational advice there within the midst of this review.

If you play this game or you decide to download the app to play, let me know if you love it or hate it. Or if you think that I'm a loser for being so hooked to it. I'd love to know what your favourite mobile phone games are and whether they're worth downloading because on those days when you're bored, they're great to occupy your time!

LATERSSSS!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment