Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Island Of Cyprus

I am currently in Protaros, Cyprus and I realised that some of you might have never been to Cyprus and so I thought for this blog, I would give you a little overview about the Island of Cyprus.

Cyprus is located in the Mediterranean sea and is the east of Greece and south of Turkey. Cyprus is in the European Union and is the third most popular island in the Mediterranean. 

Their flag
Cyprus is home to around over a million people (on estimate from 2011: 1,117,000). It has a land area of 3, 572 square mile. The capital of the country s Nicosia with the country's official languages being Greek and Turkish. The island is split into the "Greek side" and the "Turkish side" - there is some tension between the two.

The average temperature for Cyprus is 33-35 degrees in August. 


I loved Cyprus last time and considering I am pre-writing this, I can only say that I am quite certain that I am thoroughly enjoying it this time. But you'll have to wait to find out about my real, true feelings about this country!

How's everything back in England?
Missing me yet?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment