Tuesday 13 August 2013

Gerri's 21st BBQ

On Saturday, it was my best friend's BBQ party for her 21st birthday. Regrettably, I could only spend a couple of hours for her birthday due to prior puppy sitting engagements but I loved every second that I spent there. In fact, I love spending every second that I do with her because she's great! We've been friends since we were little, knee-high, probably around about 4 or 5 or younger, so that means we have around 17 years under our belt of friendship- which is incredible. Perhaps even more but I can't remember it's been that long!
One of the best things about our friendship is that we know where we stand all the time. In the past, we had spent months apart without talking but the second we came back together, it was as if we had never been apart. And that's the thing about friendship; it doesn't mean that you spend every single day together living out of one another's pockets, a best friend is one that you can not see for months but when you do, nothing changes at all. 
I really do treasure my best friend and I love her so much. She's been through a heck of a lot and yet she's stronger than most people I know. She is always smiling and takes everything on the chin, which amazes me. She's an incredible woman and deserves so much happiness in her life that I am glad I can be in her life to give her a little shimmer of happiness.

She's one the best friend's I've ever had and know I ever will. I hope she had a great birthday with all her family and friends who love her!

Love you Gerri!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment