Friday 30 August 2013

Future Travels

There are a lot of countries in the world, and a lot of places that I know I will probably never get to travel to but there are countries that I know if I don't visit in my lifetime; I will have missed out on a lot. I want to visited a fair few so I'll just get on with it and list the ones that I need to visit or I'll end up crying myself into the bleak future ahead...

1. America
I have this romantic notion that one day, I am going to roadtrip across America trying to get to as many states as I can. I have been to Florida twice for Disneyland when I was younger but I want to visit all the states that don't get as many tourist visitors. I think that it's also a brilliant idea to rent a car and drive all the way through. I know it seems like a great idea, but I don't think I really understand how many miles it will be, how long it will take and how much money fuel will be. But for now, I can keep my romantic notion alive even though it probably won't happen. But, I shall travel to lots of different states but the mode of transport is probably going to be the big metal bird in the sky.

2. Australia
I always pick the furthest away places to want to visit when I hate flying. It figures that the most interesting places would be miles away. I want to go visit Australia, and have Christmas in the sunshine on the beach. I also want to see some kangaroos and experience all the Australian things like having a BBQ and mocking them for saying "throw a shrimp on the barbie" and also saying my favourite saying "you little ripper" to them (joke for Gerri!) I also think that because it's so far away, it feels like the way of life will be completely different and I want to see what it's like. It'd be great to see the Opera Sydney House and all that Australia has to offer!

3. Asia
I know this is not a country, obviously, but I am uncertain where I want to go exactly. I only know that I want to go to another culture that is so far remote from our own Eastern society that I hope I come home and think of life a little differently. I also know that I want to do at least 2 things whilst I'm somewhere in Asia and that is to ride an elephant and to stroke a tiger. I know all your animal lovers out there will be shouting at me for my want to exploit animals in poor countries but it's one of those romantic notions again that I feel like my life would be incomplete if I didn't tick these things off my bucket list. In the past, I have ridden a camel and stroked a crocodile but I really want to ride an elephant and stroke a tiger. I NEED TO! Anyway, I want to go somewhere in Asia...

4. Paris
Hopefully, when I go here, it's not on my own or that will be a little embarrassing. It's meant to be one of the most romantic places in the world and so it has to top those places I want to visit. Although, I know this place would more than likely be only for a weekend because there's only one thing I'm going for and yes, it's the tourist trap! The Eiffel Tower. It's a landmark that needs to be seen and potentially walked up if I have the energy!

I could list you so many different places that I want to travel from India, to Greece and Caribbean to China and everything in between. The world is such a big and beautiful place that it's not possible to miss out any one country.

If you had the choice, where would you travel to?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment