Saturday 10 August 2013

Fashion Of Now

The fashion of teenagers nowadays is one that I don't really understand. I've never really been fashionable, at all but I just can't see how the current trend is so big that almost every girl is wearing the same outfit. It is this lovely ensemble...
It is the trend of wearing a small, tight crop top and wearing black leggings with a denim jacket of some sort. The other day when I was shopping, I saw three friends wearing the exact same trend with almost identical clothes on. I couldn't understand why all girls feel a need to wear the exact same clothes. It feels like people are too scared to be individual nowadays and it does make me a little sad.

I know I'm not one to judge because if people were to look through my closet, they would be horrified by my clothes because some of them are shocking but I feel like they encompass who I am. I don't really have a style but I know that I couldn't ever feel confident or feel brave enough to go out wearing those clothes. I would feel so exposed and insecure to be showing that much of my stomach and hips and I'm a 21 year old girl who has been to so many different places and put under the spotlight for numerous things. I can't fathom wearing that when I was an even more insecure child of 14/15 back then. It makes me question where these girls get their confidence from...

The only real problem I have with this is that when girls wear leggings that are cheap and thin, it shows their underwear. It's the thing that bugs me when I walk down the street because I don't want to see what type of underwear you have on. It makes me question how much morale and self-respect that those girls have. Correct me if I am speaking out of turn but when you see a girl with see-through leggings on, it doesn't exact make you think, "yeah, she's got some morals," does it?
I probably wear less fashionable things than most girls but that's because I'm a little old fashioned in that way. I don't really follow trends and I like to wear clothes that make me feel good than ones that are in the current trend. What's the point in wearing something that makes you feel so uncomfortable that you are constantly thinking about how other's are viewing you than having fun.
I'm a simple kind of girl with simple kind of clothes- jeans, a simple top and some shoes. Nothing special...

What are your thoughts on this style? Do you wear them all? Do you wish you could pull it off? Or do you simply just dislike the current trend? Let me know. And also let me know if you're like me and just keep your clothes simple.

Love you all! 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment