Tuesday 6 August 2013

Glasses

I have needed to wear glasses since I was 18 but don't be too alarmed, they are only for when I need to see far away. Thankfully, because I love reading, I don't need to wear them to read or I think I'd be annoyed. I like being able to see close and wish I could see far away but the fact of the matter is that my eyes are rubbish and I can't. Before I turned 18, I had my eyes tested because after 18 in the United Kingdom, you no longer get it free on the NHS and the thought of paying for it made me shiver. I have been wearing these glasses since then and have not had another eye test since. 
Ignore my stupid face, I think I'm funny but I'm really not...
I hate these glasses with a passion. They are too thin and too wide that I think they just don't fit me. I don't like wearing them because I don't think they suit me and I get self-conscious of them. It irks me but I know I need them. I thought about getting contact lenses but the problem with those is that they take time to get used to. With me starting my teacher training, I'm going to need to wear them for when I actually teach and so I need to feel comfortable. I also will be leaving the house early and I don't want to rely on contact lenses if I don't have time in the morning. It's a problem.

But, Thursday, I am going for my opticians appointment to get my eyes tested and to buy some new glasses. I'm going to Tesco because not only do they have free eye tests but they also have buy one get one free on most if not all their glasses, which sounds awesome to me. I shall let you know what I decide but I'm quite liking these kind at the moment. It just all depends on if they suit my face or not... If they make me look like a loser. 
When they come through, I will shows you my new glasses on and you can tell me your ideas on them, whether you like them/hate them etc.

Who thought I would be writing a blog about me getting new glasses; it may be trivial to all you guys but until you have to wear glasses, it's a very big decision to make.

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment