Thursday 8 August 2013

Throwback Thursday #11

Following on from all the previous Throwback Thursday's and from request, I have decided to dedicate this edition to children TV shows from the 90s. I know I did TV shows but they were more for when I was a teenager/older so I thought I'd look towards the younger TV shows we used to watch. This is in comparison to all the new TV shows that children have nowadays.

1. Get your own back
This is a classic old school children's TV show that was on CITV. It involved a child and their parent taking part in all sorts of games that eventually lead up to the final between two teams. The children would apply to go on the show with their parent/guardian etc. in order to get their own back on some sort of crime that they commited to get revenge. It was every child's dream to go on the show so they can do "terrible" things to their parents. At the final, they had a gunk tank that the two teams would battle against to get their parent to the top of the line in order to press the button to release their parent. They would then plunge into the tank of goo and the child would get their revenge. It was great and I loved it!

2. Power Rangers
This was one of the ultimate boy's TV because it involved people in suits kicking ass. You don't need me to explain how great the show was or why it was so loved but every kid wanted to be power ranger to beat up the bad guys and be the hero.

3. Hey Arnold
"Hey Football-head" was one of the best lines from this show. I can't really remember why this was such a great TV show but I know that I constantly watched it. I was also convinced as a child that Arnold was wearing a skirt but as I've gotten older, I've realised that it is infact his shirt poking out not a skirt, unfortunately. It focused around Arnold ad it followed him through his school life with his friends- he was a bit of a nerd and so he always ended up being picked on etc.

4. The Wild Thornberrys
This is undoubtedly one of my favourite TV shows from when I was younger. I remember I used to watch it constantly and I always loved it. I love animals and loved them even more when I was kid and so being able to see them as they travelled after Africa was great. They would always get into some sort of trouble and the fact they had a pet monkey made me want to join their family. It encompassed everything you could want in a TV show: a stroppy older sister, a crazy younger brother, a pet monkey and two weird parents who drag them around wild places with cute animals... Just brilliant! I also laughed so hard at the Dad's big nose.

5. Recess
You can't go through old children's shows without including recess in it. I challenge you to find a kid that didn't watch Recess and if they didn't, do me a favour and hit them over the head. It was great and once again was set in a school with such a varied group of friends from the cool kid, to the nerd right on through to the little fat boy. It taught me a lesson that no matter what you look like or who you are, you can still find great friends who don't care about all of the superficial rubbish. Although, this isn't always technically true for school, it is definitely true for the rest of your life.

6. The Crystal Maze
I don't know if this was just me as a kid but I used to love The Crystal Maze. It wasn't quite a children's TV show but it WAS a show that I used to watch as a child and I loved it. They even brought in children episodes but I liked the adult ones too. It involved teams going into different rooms to complete challenges in order to collect crystals. Each crystal collected would amount to 5 seconds in the crystal maze where silver and gold tickets would fall that amounts to money for a prize. Old school game show at its best!

As always, let me know if you watched some of these shows/all of these shows or if you were deprived as a child and didn't watch any that I have listed. If you feel like I've missed some off, let me know and I'll be keen to hear from some of you about the shows you would watch!

Stick around next week for another Throwback Thursday where who knows what I'll make the focus of that edition...

xxx

For more exciting Throwback Thursday's, click on the links below:
Throwback Thursday #1
Throwback Thursday #2
Throwback Thursday #3
Throwback Thursday #4
Throwback Thursday #5
Throwback Thursday #6
Throwback Thursday #7
Throwback Thursday #8
Throwback Thursday #9
Throwback Thursday #10

No comments:

Post a Comment