Wednesday 21 August 2013

My Summer Reads

I have another obsession and that is reading. I love reading and how much of an escapism it can be.You can choose any genre to read and you can be transported into a world much unlike your own where anything can happen. Every turn of the page brings another element of unknown and although normally that is scary, the thought of being surprised only adds to the pleasure of reading. If people don't understand the thrill of reading, they just haven't yet picked up the right book that convinces them enough to change the way they think for the duration of time they read. It makes you feel like a different person for a little while and sometimes that's the best therapy.

In summer, I always have the most time to indulge in my greatest hobby where I can sit around readnig a whole book in a day. I have no responsibilities to go to lectures or do coursework, which is great. I love nothing more than curling up on the sofa with a book or the kindle to read a book and be thrown into a world that the author has so beautifully created.

This summer, without a doubt, my summer author is and has been Jodi Picoult.
She is one of those writers that can create a world that has so many emotional twists and turns with great story lines that appeal to both your maternal and empathetic personality. It gives you all the reasons to cry and all the reasons to grin by the end of it. They are so beautifully written that you can't help but put yourself in her character's shoes. Of all the stories I have read, my heart has been in my throat for the majority of the time. So many great problems are dealt with in the stories with such intelligence and thought that she masters them as if she has personally gone through each and every experience.
She's a great author and I seriously suggest you give at least one of her books the time of day. You can't go through life without having read one of Jodi Picoult's books. I won't allow it.

Go pick one up from the library and gorge yourself on magnificence that is her books. I love them and I hope you love them too!

She is my summer read. And as I sit beside the pool, I am currently reading and enjoying one of her stories. Amazing!

I miss you all!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment