Saturday 13 February 2016

K is for Kickass Cake

K is for Kickass Cake
I have to admit, I had planned a different blog for today, which was going to be a bog standard idea for Valentine's Day but then my sister asked me to help her make a cake for her friend's little boy and I couldn't say no... I didn't realise that it would literally take 7 hours of my Saturday... It was well worth it though.

He wanted to have a Minecraft cake, obviously because it's all the rage now with children, which is fine but it is real annoying because everything is made out of small squares which meant I spent my morning rolling icing fondant and cutting small squares for this.

I think it turned out really well. My sister made the figures on top because quite frankly, I don't have the time nor patience to craft such things. I stick to baking the cakes and doing the easy parts while my sisters does the intricate designs. We're becoming quite notorious for our cake baking and so I thought I would show you some of my other baking creations:
This was my very first novelty cake and I made it all by myself- it was for my sister's baby shower and I had practised it before but this turned out so much better than I was expecting. It totally made me love baking and want to create more!!
We made this cake last month for my sister's friend's birthday. My sister made the beautiful roses on top and of course, I baked the cake and put the fondant on top!

This has to be the very best cake that we have ever done. It was our first multi tiered cake and it was for my nephew's first birthday. We think I was great- there are some parts that we could have done better if we did it again but for our first try, this was a pretty bit accomplishment.
All of these made us fall in love with baking and we're already planning a dinosaur themed birthday cake for my nephew's 2nd birthday so watch this space!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment