Saturday 27 February 2016

Y is for Yippee!

Y is for Yippee!
First and foremost, I can't believe that there is only one letter left for this challenge- granted it will probably be the worst letter to try and blog about but we will deal with that tomorrow when I have to write the blog.

Now onto the exciting part of this blog- I am pretty darn excited because today is my nephew's 2nd birthday. It doesn't seem possible that he has been here for 2 years because the time has just flown by. He has gone from a tiny premature baby to such a clever and bright little boy who talks about everything! He is pretty special in my life and I love him to pieces.
From this...

To this today!
He is having a dinosaur themed party today and my sister and I were lucky enough to be able to make his birthday cake. We started it yesterday and I have to say that I was kind of regretting the fact we were making his birthday cake during the baking and decorating process but now that I look at the pictures of it- it was well worth the time and effort.


We then had a mould for a chocolate train and not wanting to not give the best, we decided to make that as well. What a parlava! It was quite the fiddly little job especially considering that our hands were warm, the house was warm and the chocolate needed to be really cold- it meant that there was melted chocolate EVERYWHERE!
I haven't got a picture of the train that we made because it's not quite finished- we need to fill the carriage with sweets so instead I decided to just show you what it will look like! 

Happy Birthday Max!!! I love you
xxxx
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment