Monday 29 February 2016

Happy Birthday Grandad!

Oh hello everybody. I kind of miss my A-Z challenge and it literally has only been a day... I think I just miss having a title and picture to put at the top of each blog... 

Well, today is 29th February and usually, we don't see this day every year because it is a leap year this year! How exciting. On this day, I always think about my Grandad because although he is no longer with us, it would've been his 76th birthday today. My Grandad has been gone for almost 3 years now and to say that the time has flown would be an understatement. It was such a sudden death that I didn't really believe it when it happened so to think back on it now, it doesn't seem possible that it was 3 years ago.
Because his birthday was always on a leap year, we celebrated his 18th birthday when he was 72 because he had only ever officially had 18 birthday on the actual day he was born, We got him an 18 balloon and badge, which made him laugh so much. It is such a lovely thing to look back on. Bless my Grandad, he would have only been 19 if he was still here today.
I miss him so much and I hope that wherever he is, the world is giving him an easier life than when he was here- he was such a strong man and had so many things given to him that just wasn't fair!
Happy birthday Grandad. Love you!
xxx
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment